Before we even begin to talk about the company, let’s mutter a few ‘wows’ for the website. The home page on the website when you open it is nothing to rave about, but once you click on the ‘About Us’ and the ‘HourMinds’ you get some amazing video clips at the top third. They are certainly attention catching and you want to watch them to the end; a good way for them to keep you logged in that little bit longer!
The company has two offices located in Virginia, one in South Carolina and another in California. The office locations are not all that relevant when the website covers the whole of the USA and all those businesses. Not only have they won the Corporate Awards but they have snagged quite a few Product Awards for their employment and personnel systems. Here are a few samples:
• Great Places to Work: Work-Life Balance Award
• “Master” status in Gartner’s FrontRunners Quadrant for Applicant Tracking Systems
How to get started on SnagAjob as a Freelancer
• your educational qualifications
• age (it matters for some types of work)
• employment history
• a little bit about yourself (this is a good space to do a self-sell job!)
SnagAjob doesn’t just place employees for companies, it also provides:
• performance management tasks for the employer – nice added value.
Work availability is sorted into states and cities and towns. It just depends on where the employer is situated. By entering the zipcode you will be taken to vacancies in that area .. or not, if there are no jobs, of course.
How to get started on SnagAjob as a Client
Also for that money, SnagAjob does the complete employment cycle for you. The pricing scale is like this:
2. Starter Plus adds a couple of services – $99 / month
3. Growing has all the bells and whistles – $249 / month
By the way, you can pay for a couple of months, get all the staff you want, then cease making monthly payments!
SnagAjob also offers employers advertising packages with pop ups and banners, although these can be a bit annoying at times.
How do you get paid?
Pros and Cons For Freelancers
• You can set up your location and jobs of interest by clicking through the simple menus, and it’s advisable that you do. You don’t want to be in Minnesota and receiving job offers in New York!
• This is not a site for freelancers wanting to work from home. However, you will be directed to Be the Boss Network which was an affiliated company with Snagajob.
• The popularity of a website like SnagAjob means that the majority of employers will use it and that means, to you, the job seeker, that most available positions will be posted there. Having to type in your personal details and work experience on 4 or 5 sites would be a pain. Then again, if you are determined to find a job, then nothing should be put in the "too hard basket" and no stone left unturned!
An employment agency this big doesn’t get it right all the time and even in something as personal as employment, it’s a fine line between you being a number on their data upload or a real person that needs personal attention, as you would get in a normal job application situation.
Pros and Cons for Clients
• You have TOO many resumes to look through. That means opting for the more expensive alternative in which SnagAjob matches the worker to your job.
• Weigh up costs of using a hiring platform like SnagAjob or doing it yourself.
• Be prepared for the pressure to spend more money with SnagAjob for advertising and value added services.
More on the positive side, is that most of the complaints and bad reviews are very outdated, going back 6 – 7 years or more. The conclusion you might reach from that is that SnagAjob has worked on getting everything right. A good thing about their website is that it is filled with positivity and motivational kinds of stuff rather than any doom and gloom and how hard it can be when seeking work – something you don’t need when you're looking for a job.
Employment So Attractive